Why do you need a business blog? Your business is up and running. Your online presence looks great. You created a beautiful website with links to all your social media platforms and testimonials from satisfied customers, but something is not right.
Where is the business? Where is the traffic? It is a common scenario for most startups and small businesses. The crucial missing link being a blog. If you want to grow your traffic and build your business, it is essential that you have a business blog.
One of the easiest ways to raise awareness about your business is to create and maintain your own blog. Imagine having your own free media channel and marketing platform. Best of all, it is the most efficient way to get visitors to your website.
The Objective Of Your Business Blog
The objective of your blog is to have potential customers come to you. This is referred to as inbound marketing or content marketing.
Businesses have traditionally utilized outbound marketing, such as advertising and direct mail. Creating a blog adds a new dimension to your website and online presence.
The 5 Pages of a Startup’s Website
The basic startup or small business website consists of five pages; a home page, about page, services, products, and contact us page.
Unfortunately, most of your potential customers are not finding you, via search, with those five pages.
How A Business Blog Can Show Up On The First Page Of Google
Blog posts are another chance for your website to be indexed and found by search engines.
- Write content relating to your product and services and the search engines will index your content.
- Write posts that answer your potential customer’s questions. As your customers search for answers, there is a good chance your website’s blog posts will show up on the search results page.
- Your blog can drive huge amounts of traffic to your website and traffic can be converted to customers. Your content needs to be targeted to your business and your customers.
- A blog is your best source for organic traffic and to attract qualified traffic.
- The best way to attract qualified traffic is to write articles that accomplish at least one or more of the following five objectives; entertain, add value, persuade, educate, or convert.
How Social Sharing Increases the Value of a Business Blog
Your website will get more traffic through social sharing.
- If you write content that answers questions and solves problems, you have added something of value to share on your social media platforms.
- Each Facebook share, tweet of a blog post, or LinkedIn “like” has the potential to get customers to your site.
The Business Goals of Your Blog should be:
- Promote your content across all your social media platforms.
- Post it more than once for maximum reach.
- Post and repurpose your content to relevant groups, communities, and forums.
We post to LinkedIn Groups, LinkedIn Pulse, Facebook Groups, Google + communities, Medium, Branded.me and Imzy.
Most noteworthy, the more time they spend on your site, the further they move down the sales funnel.
The costs in setting up your blog include; themes and design, testing, and any social media advertising you elect to utilize.
If the cost is a barrier, there are a number of free themes and plugins available.
Companies are leveraging their blogs as inexpensive media outlets.
A well-run blog can drive huge amounts of traffic to your website.
Best of all, the traffic can be converted to qualified leads and eventually into new customers.
Will it be easy? No.
These Actions are Required to Run A Successful Business Blog:
- Patience, on your part, is crucial. No blog is instantly successful.
- It takes some time to research ideas and write insightful content.
- Commit to publishing new articles a couple times a month.
- The more quality articles posted on your blog will, over time, generate more leads and more customers.
Learn additional steps to take now to grow your business in 2017.
Your potential customers are waiting to hear from you!
Best of luck from the Sozial Monster Team. Experienced enough to solve your problem, small enough for you to know you will be a valued client.
If you want to learn more about how our team can help you grow your business, please schedule a FREE 30-minute Skype call with us.
Have you used any of these tactics to grow your business? What are some of your tips for utilizing your social media platforms to obtain leads? Please share your thoughts in a comment.
Want more strategic insights? Sign up for The Revenue Tribe Newsletter, which features exclusive insights from Sozial Monster’s Chief Strategy Officer Dagmar Gatell.