The growth of social media has an enormous impact on the way you sell your products and services. Today, over 1.7 billion people are engaging on various social media platforms. They include your current customers and prospects. This is a wonderful opportunity to use your social media activity to add to your leads and grow your sales.
Social media has had a major impact on the way companies make purchasing decisions. A majority of the buying process now happens before the customer contacts your company. Your prospects are reviewing your website and also anonymously looking into your company on LinkedIn, Google+, Twitter, Facebook, and other platforms. They are researching you and also investigating your competitor as well.
Now is the time to utilize your social media activity to help your potential customers along the buyers’ journey from the awareness stage to the consideration stage to the decision stage.
If you are a small or medium-size business (SMB) owner, your focus must be on growing sales.
- Your business cannot grow without leads.
- No leads, no revenue. No revenue, no business.
- Your social media activity is an excellent way to bring prospects into the sales funnel.
- You can accelerate the sales process with informative and valuable content.
- It is the most cost effective lead generation activity your company can utilize today.
Five Smart Social Media Action Steps To Build The Foundation For Your Leads And Sales
#1: Use Your Social Media Activity to Engage and Attract Followers
Social media is all about engagement.
With engaging social media activity comes the ability to establish a trusted relationship with your potential customers. Executed correctly, this can produce great sales leads, get more clients and increase your revenue.
In order to start a conversation, you must first create quality, useful, and relevant content that meets the needs of your audience.
- Visual content such as videos, pictures, and infographics have been shown to generate much more activity than text posts.
- Post your content regularly and often. Always respond to your follower’s comments.
- Follow your prospects, industry visionaries, and your competitors on their social media platforms.
TIP. You can include customer testimonials and short customer videos talking about your product and company throughout your website and posts. When curating your initial content for your platform, please, do not try and oversell yourself, your product or your company.
Let your satisfied customers do the talking. Once you establish a dialogue, you can start product information sharing and selling.
#2: Establish Your Presence Through Social Media Visibility
Cross promote with all your social media channels.
- Your website should have links to all your key platforms and your e-mail signature should also have links to your social media platforms.
- Join targeted industry groups on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Google+.
- Post your blogs to these groups and also comment on other member posts.
- Start the engagement, get on the buyer’s radar, and nurture the relationship.
#3: Start The Engagement In Your Most Critical Social Media Platform
It takes a lot of time and effort to keep all your social media platforms current.
- Focus your efforts on the social media platform that your potential buyers spend the most of their time.
- Also, research your target buyers companies social media platforms to see where they are getting the most activity and engagement.
- Prioritize your platforms and narrow them down to the top two or three platforms and concentrate your social media activities on those platforms.
#4: Educate Your Potential Customer And Provide Value
Your social media activity allows your potential customer to get a better glimpse of your company.
- Use this opportunity to focus your content on educating your potential customers. Here is a simple content marketing strategy for startups and small businesses.
- Proving quality content will help start the engagement process and lead to sales.
- You do not want to oversell on social media but you can demonstrate, via video, images, or infographic, the value of your product or service.
#5: Identify Your Customer’s Pain Points And Share Solutions
All entrepreneurs and small businesses have pain points.
There’s a lot of negative energy your potential customers have to overcome to successfully grow their business. Knowing how to identify their own pain points and how to address them, they can then help their clients, who often struggle with similar or the same pain.
Try and move your social media lead conversations offline to learn more about the problems your prospects are facing. Furthering the relationship beyond the digital realm is essential for building rapport that allows you to discover their problems and position your product or service as a solution that would work for them.
Don’t be afraid to ask to move a conversation offline after you’ve had a few social interactions past your initial introduction
Is your team using these social media strategies to gain more leads?
1. Use your social media activity to engage and attract followers.
2. Establish your presence through social media visibility.
3. Start the engagement in your most critical social media platform.
4. Educate your potential customer and add value.
5. Identify your customer’s pain points and share solutions.
Execute some of the above strategies and you have a better chance of growing your leads and sales.
For other ideas to generate growth for your business, you can read Steps to Take Now for Explosive Business Growth Next Year
Best of luck from the Sozial Monster Team.
Have you ever used any of these tactics to grow your business? What are some of your tips for utilizing your social media platforms to obtain leads? Please share your thoughts in a comment.
Want more strategic insights? Sign up for The Revenue Tribe Newsletter, which features exclusive insights from Sozial Monster’s Chief Strategy Officer Dagmar Gatell.